- F. Mansfeld, Corrosion 37, 301 (1981).
- M. Kendig, F. Mansfeld, and S. Tsai, Corros. Sci. 23, 317 (1983).
- M. Kendig and J. Scully, "Basic Aspects of the Application of
Electrochemical Impedance for the Life Prediction of Organic Coatings on
Metals," Corrosion89 Paper 32,
- J.R. Scully, J. Electrochem. Soc. 136, 979 (1989).
- W.S. Tait, J. Coat. Technol. 61, 57 (1989).
- J.N. Murray and H.P. Hack, "Long Term Testing of Epoxy Coated Steel
in ASTM Sea Water Using EIS," Corrosion90 Paper 140,
- J.A. Grandle and S.R. Taylor, Corrosion 50, 792 (1994).
- J.N. Murray, Prog. Org. Coat. 31, (1997): p. 375.
- Zdunek and X. Zhan, "A Field EIS Probe and Methodology for Measuring
Bridge Coating Performance," 4th World Congress on Coating Systems for
Bridge and Steel Structures, Steel Structures Painting Council, St. Louis,
MO, February 1995.
- K. Homma et al., "Utilization of Electrochemical Impedance Techniques
to Estimate Corrosion Damage of Steel Infrastructure," Corrosion Forms
and Control for Infrastructure, ASTM STP 1137, Victor Chaker, ed., ASTM ,
- P.C. Su, O.F. Devereux, and W. Madych, "Impedance Imaging for
Prediction and Detection of Airframe Corrosion," Structural Integrity
in Aging Aircraft, AD-Vol. 47, C.I. Chang, and C.T. Sun, ed., American
Society of Mechanical Engineers, 1995.
- G.D. Davis, C.M. Dacres, and L.A. Krebs, submitted to Materials
- G.D. Davis and C.M. Dacres, "Electrochemical Sensors for Evaluating
Corrosion and Adhe-sion on Painted Metal Structures," U.S. Patent
5,859,537 (January 1999).
- G.D. Davis and C.M. Dacres, "Portable, Hand-Held In-Situ
Electrochemical Sensor for Evaluating Corrosion and Adhesion on Coating or
Uncoated Metal Structures," patent pending.
- G.D. Davis and C.M. Dacres, "In-Situ Electrochemical-Based Moisture
Sensor for Detecting Moisture in Composites and Bonded Structures,"
- G.D. Davis, C.M. Dacres, M. Shook, and B.S. Wenner, "Electrochemical
In-Situ Sensors for Detecting Corrosion on Aging Aircraft," in Proc.
Workshop on Intelligent NDE Sciences for Aging and Futuristic Aircraft, C.
Ferregut, R. Osegueda, and A. Nuñez, ed., (El Paso, TX, 1997), p. 141.
- G.D. Davis, C.M. Dacres, and M.B. Shook, "Development of an
electrochemistry-based corro-sion sensor to monitor corrosion of boiler
tubes, pipes, and painted structures" in Nondestructive Evaluation of
Utilities and Pipelines II, W.G. Reuter, ed., Proc. SPIE Vol. 3398, (Society
for Photo-optical Instrumentation Engineers, Bellingham, WA, 1998), p. 92.
- G.D. Davis, L.A. Krebs, L.T. Drzal, M.J. Rich, and P. Askeland,
"Electrochemical Sensors for Nondestructive Evaluation of Adhesive
Bonds," submitted to J. Adhes.
- G.D. Davis, L.A. Krebs, and C.M. Dacres, "Detection of Moisture in
Composites Using an Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy Sensor,"
Proc. 3rd Joint FAA/DOD/NASA Conference on Aging Aircraft (Albuquerque, NM,
- V.S. Agarwala, Corrosion96, Paper 632, NACE, Houston, TX, 1996.
- R.G. Kelly, J. Yuan, S.H. Jones, W. Blanke, J.H. Alor, W. Wang, A.P.
Batson, A. Wintenberg, and G.G. Clemeña, Corrosion97, Paper 294, NACE,
Houston, TX 1996.
- J. Green, M. Jones, T. Bailey, and I. Perez, Process Control and Sensors
for Manufacturing, R.H. Bossi and D.M. Pepper, ed., (SPIE - The
International Society for Optical Engineering, Bellingham, WA, 1998), p. 28.
- NADEP North Island Report No. 196027, Dated 7 Dec 1995.
- Naval Air Systems Command letter Ser AIR-53021BX/73307, "Use of
FM300-2K and FM410-1 in Depot level repairs," dated 19 Jan 1993.
- A.J. Kinloch, Adhesion and Adhesives: Science and Technology, (Chapman and
Hall, London, 1987).
- G.D. Davis and D.K. Shaffer, in "Durability of Adhesive Joints,"
Handbook of Adhesive Tech-nology, K.L. Mittal and A. Pizzi, eds., (Marcel
Dekker, New York, 1994), p. 113.
- H.M. Clearfield, D.K. McNamara, and G.D. Davis, "Surface Preparation
of Metals," Handbook on Engineered Materials, Vol. 3: Adhesives and
Sealants, H.F. Brinson, Chm., (ASM Interna-tional, Metals Park, OH, 1990) p.
- J.D. Venables, D.K. McNamara, J.M. Chen, T.S. Sun, and R.L. Hopping, Appl.
Surf. Sci. 3, 88 (1979).
- J.A. Marceau and E.W. Thrall, "Environmental-Durability
Testing," in Adhesive Bonding of Aluminum Alloys E.W. Thrall and R.W.
Shannon, eds., (Marcel Dekker, New York, 1985) p. 177.
In-Situ Sensor to Detect Moisture
Intrusion and Degradation of Coatings, Composites, and Adhesive Bonds, G.D.
Davis, C.M. Dacres, and L.A. Krebs, DACCO