A to Z listing
Search this site
Corrosion Glossary - K
- Kerosene: liquid fuel used in some HVOF
thermal spray processes.
- Kick-out: the precipitation of a dissolved
binder from a solution as a result of solvent incompatibility. Can be caused
by improper mixing or adding the flow control component to quickly to the mixed
- Kilowatt-hour (kWh): energy unit defined
as 1,000 watts of electricity for one hour (equivalent to 3,413 Btu).
- KISCC: abbreviation for the critical
value of the plane strain stress-intensity factor that will produce crack propagation
by stress-corrosion cracking of a given material
in a given environment.
- Knifeline attack:
of an alloy, usually stabilized stainless steel, along a line adjoining or in
contact with a weld after heating into the sensitization temperature range.
- Kraft process: a wood-pulping process
in which sodium sulfate is used in the caustic soda pulp-digestion liquor.