A to Z listing
Search this site
Corrosion Glossary - Z
- Zeolite: A group of hydrated sodium
aluminosilicates, either natural or synthetic, with ion exchange properties.
(See gel zeolite, greensand.)
- Zinc plating: the electro-deposition
of zinc or zinc alloys (eg Zn/Ni, Zn/Sn) to provide galvanic corrosion protection.
- Zone of aeration: the layer in the ground
above an aquifer where the available voids are filled with air. Water falling
on the ground percolates through this zone on its way to the aquifer.
- Z-mill: common name for a Senzimir multiple-backup
cluster mill used for cold-rolling
stainless and carbon
steel sheet or strip to very precise
dimensions and fine finishes.
- Zone of saturation: the layer in the
ground in which all of the available voids are filled with water.